New capability! Homework!
Ongoing homework is homework that is always assigned, usually by the number of workouts per week. Never try to catch up all at once and do not put all of these exercises on a single day. Don’t do the day before a normal competition and 7 days before a gold competition. Be consistent with your work and do it with INTENT.
Specific homework is stuff that was not accomplished during that day’s workout but is critical
Ongoing Homework: Each total is inclusive of what is done during the normal team’s workout. For example if the team does lunges once during the week, you then have lunge homework 1 to 2 more times. Make sure you are growing the number of reps as appropriate remembering the goals. So the more we can accomplish during the team workout, the less the homework!!!
- Lunges: 2 to 3 times per week, 5 times every two weeks. Start with forward lean lunge (500 goal), then straight up lunge (500 goal), speed lunges (500 goal), and then lunge to vertical jump (ask coach before working on this one). Only one of these exercises per day and give yourself a day of recovery after performing the exercise. Accomplish the forward lean goal first, then start working on the straight up lunge, then the speed lunges, etc.
- Heal Dips: 3 to 4 times per week, 7 times every two weeks
- Crab crawl: 3 to 4 times per week, 7 times every two weeks
- On heels and toes: 3 to 4 times per week, 7 times every two weeks, both can be done with feet straight forward – feet pointing outwards – and feet pointing inwards
- Core HIIT: 2 to 3 times per week, 5 times every two weeks
- Pushups, sit-ups, planks, reverse planks, tricep dips: 2 to 3 times per week, 5 times every two weeks
- Big hurdle mobility: times per week is dependent on each individual runner. The basic amount is 3 times per week but that can, and should be increased when the runner benefits
- Crab crawl and frog hop: Can be done on a staircase or any stairs around the house. Done 2 to 3 times per week, 5 times every two weeks
- Bleacher jumps and runs: (ask coach before working on this one)
Specific Homework – Date: